Surveys and Inspection of Tall Structures
Aggressive environmental impact, intensive loads and influence of forces of nature cause the necessity of routine inspection of tall industrial structures and high-rise buildings. The inspection can be scheduled (e.g. determine a wear and tear rate of structures and mechanisms) and unscheduled (e.g. after earthquake or land subsidence and settlement during construction). Whatever the type of inspection (destructive or nondestructive testing), it is almost impossible to carry out it in a quality and safe manner without the help of subject matter specialists and experienced industrial rope access technicians.
Alp Star offers the following services:
- Inspection of chimneys and smokestacks (Kyiv and across Ukraine) with subsequent repairs;
- Inspection of tanks for petrochemical and agricultural industries;
- Inspection of gas and oil pipelines;
- Inspection of bridge crossings and flyovers or trestles;
- Inspection of façades of high-rise buildings, identification of critical condition of separate parts.
The main goal of technical surveys of tall structures is to diagnose and determine their wear and tear rate as well as to identify sources causing defects and deterioration. Based on the obtained data, our skilled rope access specialists will prepare recommendations how to rectify defects and to ensure the safe operation and use of the inspected structure.
The strength of concrete, reinforced concrete and steel structures (foundations, frames, walls, and slabs) can be measured by using destructive and nondestructive testing methods. The non-destructive testing methods allow measurement of the structural integrity and strength of a structure without affecting its performance and cross-section during removing physical samples from the structure. Some types of nondestructive tests include visual inspection (photofixation and measurement of abnormalities), mechanical tests (rebound hammer testing, shear test), ultrasonic testing (ultrasonic flaw detection, ultrasonic thickness testing and acoustic emission) and capillary (dye penetrant) testing.
If you want to get free-of-charge consultation or to invite our specialist, feel free to call us at +380 67 258 2999 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using nondestructive testing methods, our qualified abseilers can obtain (and provide to the Customer) a detailed information about the condition of the inspected structure. For example:
- To measure the thickness and quality of anti-rust coating. To inspect a structure to detect any defects in anti-rust coating with subsequent repairs.
- To inspect the quality of welds on tanks storing oil products or fertilizers, in gas pipelines or supporting steel structures of high-rise buildings.
- To inspect the building façade, to identify its critical condition. If required, to remove hazardous building elements.
- To inspect the condition of a lining on the inner surface of chimneys and stacks.
- To inspect the condition of reinforced concrete pylons of bridges and highway overpasses.
- To inspect fixing elements on various types of structures. To inspect the condition of fixing elements of cable stays, suspension cables, bolts, clamps, brackets, etc.
- To inspect the roof for leakages.